diumenge, 15 de novembre del 2009

Description of a place

I've made a composition about a description of a place, concretely about Canterbury:

MY BEST TRIP TO CANTERBURY!

Last summer, I went to Canterbury in London with my cousin, Patricia. I was there for three weeks, from the second week of July to the first of August. Canterbury is a village near Kent and it is a historical city because of its cathedral, Leeds Castle, churches, etc. I think that it’s very beautiful, thestreets are narrower than in Olot but there is the main street, which has got lots of shops, stalls, and a big market where you can find whatever you want. The main difference is that Olot is larger thanCanterbury, because Canterbury has much history but it’s very small.

The weather in Canterbury was great! It often rained but not very much because it almost always was sunny. And you could always wear a T-shirt and a jumper! I love wearing jumpers so the weather in Canterbury was fantastic for me.

However, the food was very bad! We ate in our school or residence with other people, of course, and every day we had to go to Canterbury to buy more food because we were so hungry. When we first arrived at the residence, it was time to have lunch but we had had to tidy up our rooms before had lunch. So we were pretty angry the first day.

Every day in the morning we did English lessons during five hours after we’d had breakfast. In the afternoon we were surprised by different activities and you could choose one of them. Some times the director was rude to us because he thought that we were there only for fun and not for learning English.

The other days we also visited Leeds Castle, Greenwich, London, etc. The clothes in these cities were rather cheaper than in Olot, so I’ve bought lots of things for me and also for my family and friends.

The thing I liked least about Canterbury was definitely the food! But I loved the pizzas you could eat in a curious stall on the main street. The best thing is that I’ve made lots of friend from Madrid, Italy and also Barcelona. We’ve promised that one day we’ll all get together in Madrid! It will be fantastic!

I hope next year I’ll go to England for perhaps one month or more!

I think traveling is amazing! I like it very much, and I hope that in the future I'll travel around the world!

kisssssses! ;)

1 comentari:

carmina ha dit...

Great, Paula!
Remember to upload your 3rd composition!